Google Maps Street View is Live for Dallas

Goodbye, productivity. It’s been nice knowing you. As a couple of awestruck FrontBurnervians have pointed out, Google Maps‘ scary awesome “Street View” is now live for Dallas. Type an address; see a picture. Repeat.

Comments

14 responses to “Google Maps Street View is Live for Dallas”

1. PAB says:

Didn’t our productive Texas lawmakers pass some law a year or two ago that restricted the state’s appraisal districts from using photos of private residences? I was so bummed when that happened. Will the same law affect this google feature?

2. Nate says:

Who had the lucky job to drive around taking video or stills of each street, etc???

3. dave little says:

i should mow.

4. Jim Bob King says:

Hey, whose visiting my wife at home? I don’t recognize that car. Wait….Uh. Oh.

5. Anne says:

It was spooky. I wondered who was parked in my driveway. Oh! It’s me! Guess this explains some of my dog’s unexplainable barking.

6. Cooper says:

That’s creepy — it’s got a picture of me backing out of my driveway.

I remember seeing the car that drives around doing this. It’s got a giant contraption on the top with a gigantic antenna. Just drives up and down every street.

Who’s the slob living at my address? You’d think he could collect his mail more than once a week, and get the beer cooler off the front porch, and not leave the screen door flapping like a dog’s tongue. Damn white trash! You can believe I’ll be contacting my councilperson and Code Compliance about this human effluvium.

8. HOLLI says:

NOT VERY ACCURATE. PULLED UP MY ADDRESS AND SHOWED WRONG HOUSE WAY DOWN AT END OF STREET WHEN ACTUALLY WER ARE IN MIDDLE. MISS THE HOUSE PICS ON DCAD BUT THEY DO STILL SHOW BUSINESSES. VERY HELPFUL FOR DEL COMPANIES TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AS MANY DO NOT THINK TO PUT STREET #’S WHERE THEY ARE VISIBLE.

Check out the image of Marty Cortland leaving the Oriental massage place.

10. Puddin'Tane says:

I luuuvvvv how you can zoom in on someone’s front door, the car parked in the drive and the license plate….

Also the fact that the pervs on the internet will have a field day finding your child or teenager.

What was that old ad slogan? “Reach out and touch someone”????

11. RL says:

Just checked out my address – picture of my kid playing in the front yard. That’s creepy!

12. cwf42 says:

Its not live, there is no way it could be.

13. Pete Oppel says:

These pictures were obviously taken before folks put up their Christmas decorations.

14. unice arylamino leiotrichous estradiol tincture anicular ethnographer ratchety
    Word Travels – Hue