Disconnected At Cafe R&D

What’s up with the Park Cities and cellphones? Don’t they like talking to people over there? Tried Preston Center‘s new Cafe R&D, where it says right on the menu, No cellphones allowed in the dining room. Next thing you know we’ll have to check ’em at the door, just like our handguns.

Comments

7 responses to “Disconnected At Cafe R&D”

1. Bobby Ewing says:

Pretty sure Hillstone, the parent co. of R&D (and Houston’s), has stated “no cell phones” on the menu at Houston’s. Yeah…it’s official.
    Link:

Mmmm….ribs.

And am I the only person who lurks for a moment near the host(ess) stand at Houston’s in order to peer at the reservation list to see how they “describe me” next to my name?

2. Adolph says:

I wish all restaurants would do such. There is no worse than stupid person on a cell while eating.

3. Gwyon says:

This calls for some of that old timey civil disobedience, Glenn.

4. GAYL says:

If your cell phone goes off at Brookhollow, they stand you in front of a firing squad!!!

5. Dianna says:

I actually like the fact that Houston’s doesnt allow cell phones in their dinning room…it’s really rude to be on your cell phone while you are trying to have dinner with friends, especially if you are a person that talks very loudly. I wish more places were like that.

Good on them. I wish Bluetooth devices were banned by the Attorney General, the United Nations and the Pope. Enough of these vainglorious jackasses poisoning the air with their vapid inanities and their thinly veiled bragging. Dude, we get it: YOU HAVE FRIENDS AND BUSINESS ASSOCIATES. WITH. WHOM YOU CONVERSE. AND YOU SURE GAVE THAT CONTRACTOR THE WHAT-FOR — OH, BREEZILY CONFIDENT YOU!

Now shut the jesus up so the rest of us can stick victuals down our necks. Oops. Sorry, Pope.

7. Carrie says:

I love this policy! I wish all restaurants would ban cell phones. It’s rude to subject everyone around you to your one-sided conversation.