Things we learned this week:
- A member of Best of Big D cover girl LeAnn Rimes’ entourage took all of the leftover food from the photo shoot.
- Publisher Nan Talese poured herself a tall glass of haterade at the Mayborn Conference.
- Someone in West Dallas treats dogs worse than Michael Vick.
- There will be sexy bartenders at Public House tonight.
- Sarah Dodd is adopting a future police chief. Or bubbly TV reporter.
- O.J. Simpson, for some reason, was interviewed in Dallas.
- The FNG made his new coworkers happy.
- People have jobs. Not all people. But some people.
- Lane Garrison was so sorry about killing someone, he only got 90 days in the joint.
- Geese: gay or not gay?
- Shirt.woot: not too shabby.
- The Observer Music Award ballot has a few problems.
- Paul Kix is not great at math. Or reading comprehension. Take your pick.
- Our city is in the “dark ages.”
- The noose tightens for a few bad cops.
- Pot farmers are possibly smarter than the DEA.
- The enemies list of “Rusty Shackleford” continues to grow.
Have a good weekend. We’ll see you in a couple of days and a dozen or so drinks.