Holy crow, I had a humdinger of a nightmarish dream last night. Woke me up at 2:46. Here is the main plot:Â
I was walking to work at D. The street was Prestoncrest, the one I lived on when I was little. Some smarmy looking dude in an old brown Chevy pulled up and started shooting at me. I hit the ground, the bullet hit my arm. But I was late for work, which turned into school, and I couldn’t find the key to my locker (Hello, Dr. Freud) and some mean chick goes to open the locker next to mine and I see she has my keys on her chain. She ain’t offerin’ ‘em up. I ended up trading her a copy of our June “Eat Local” cover because she told me she liked blueberries. (No more red wine for me.) By this time I was bleeding rather profusely and was feeling faint. I thought about skipping class and started to go into the bathroom. Once inside, I sat on the toilet and started looking at my wound. All of a sudden, the door swung open and there was Wick. He just stood and stared at me. I woke up completely drenched in sweat. Here is an interpretation of my dream from the Internet.
1. In general, stress, trauma, fears, insecurities, feelings of inadequacy, health problems, marital issues, etc may all be reasons for having nightmares. (Oh, that was a tough one to figure out, let’s seee where shall I start.)Â
2. To dream that someone is shooting you with a gun, suggests that you are experiencing some confrontation in your waking life. You may feel victimized in some situation. (Of course I a victimized, I am a WOMAN.)Â
3. To see your boss in your dream may indicate your over-involvement or obsession with your work. (Really? Does that mean spending Sundays in the office relates to obsession orÂ a blown deadline? I’m confused.)Â
4. To dream that you cannot open a locker or that your forgot the combination, suggests that you are unsure of where you stand in a particular situation. You feel that you are on shaky ground. If you cannot find your locker, then it also symbolizes your insecurities about your role or position in a situation. (Oh, I forgot to mention, I couldn’t find my locker for a while.)Â
5. To see blueberries in your dream, represents your youth and the desire to recapture aspects of your youth. It is a symbol of eternity and optimism of the future. Alternatively, it may depict your depressed mood and sadden state of mind. (Well, I didn’t actually see them. Maybe I did. She brought them up. Does that mean she is depressed or I am. Must be me, I have no idea who she was or was supposed to be.)Â
I’m exhausted. Thank goodness I have plane tickets in hand for my vacation next week. Tra la.