This just in from the PR folks at Neiman Marcus:
We’re afraid we have some bad news for the FrontBurnerivian nation. The Neiman Marcus Christmas Book sold Sir Elton John and the one and only private concert that he agreed to perform. The $1.5 million paid is a donation to his charity, the Elton John AIDS Foundation. This is a good day for him–he gets hitched and raises a lot of money for his charity.
The Christmas Book also sold many other fantastic gifts this season …
– All 74 Neiman Marcus Limited Edition 2007 Lexus GS 450h. The hybrid performance sedans sold out in less than three hours. The 75th vehicle was donated for a charity opportunity drawing benefiting cancer research at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center’s Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute. More than $200,000 was raised.
– Three $20,000 His & Hers Custom Photobooths. All will be delivered before Christmas.
– One $90,000 “Dreamboat Grande” 6’ levitating sculpture and three $18,000, 16” sculptures designed by artist Tom Shannon.
– Five Neiman Marcus Exclusive Diamond and Pearl Necklaces. The average price was $30,000.
– Four $5,000 Bird Dogs and four $5,000 Watch Dogs from artist Mary Engel. Only four of each sculpture was available.