The DMN‘s editorial blog has a new look. Finally. Some things I’ve noticed already:
1. It no longer takes seven minutes to load the page. (Okay, it used to take only a matter of seconds. But seconds = minutes in Internet time.)
2. They’ve added some technical doodads such as permalinks and author links, which are useful to other bloggers. No longer does one have to reference something over there and give the vague direction “scroll down.”
3. Reader comments are now indented, ala FrontBurnervian comments. Huzzah! But those comments are still in ital and often lengthy. Boo!
4. Speaking of length, the editors seem to curtail themselves now. Or perhaps they’ve been doing that for a while. I haven’t been a dutiful reader (see point No. 1). Which is good.
5. A DMN reader has already complained about the gray text on the white background. I’m surprised this reader knows how to access the Internet.