The Good Food Awards could be considered the summa cum laude of craft food awards. For over a decade, this prestigious California-based foundation has heaped praise upon products such as confections, spirits, and coffee that hail from across the country. A GFA recognizes the quality of food in addition to environmental and social accountability; it also must pass a series of daunting blind taste tests from chefs, makers, grocers, and journalists. Which is to say: This is a big deal.
Every year there are more than 2,000 submissions from across the United States including Guam and Puerto Rico. Out of the 1,996 entrees, 352 products made the final cut. Texas received a whopping eight awards total, three of which recipients reign in Dallas: Noble Coyote Coffee Roasters, Dandy Sauce, and Wackym’s Kitchen.
Noble Coyote Coffee Roasters is no stranger to nabbing a Good Food Award. They won one back in 2018 for an Ethiopian Guji roast. This year, it was a single-origin Typica roast from Panama that bested the rest.
Dallas coffee connoisseurs should be impressed. Our favorite Noble Coyote Coffee roasting couple, Kevin Sprague and his wife Marta could not be more elated to receive the honor for a second time. “Receiving the award again serves both as a sliver of sunshine and as hope for us. It fuels our inspiration to keep roasting great coffees,” says Marta.
So, a round of applause for our Dallas champs!
See below for a full list Texas awardees. Right this way to check out all of the 2022 Good Food Award winners.
2022’s Texas Winners:
- Noble Coyote Coffee Roasters, Panama Bambito Estate Typica
- Dandy Sauce, Original Green
- Wackym’s Kitchen, Salted Caramel Crunchy Cookies, and Lemon Crunchy Cookies
- Humble House, Poblano and Serrano: Salsa Verde Cremosa
- Vista Brewing, Stonewall – Lambic-Style Ale with Texas Peaches, Dark Skies – Black Pilsner
- Casero Austin, Chicken Liver Pate with Herbs and Whiskey, Texas Pate
- Shar Snacks, Impossibly Good Trail Mix
- Madhu Chocolate, Idukki Black Pepper – 68 percent cacao