Freezing temperatures and dangerous driving conditions—among a slurry of other weather- and power-related problems—have caused several Dallas restaurants to close. Many shuttered their doors ahead of the snowy weekend and have yet to creak them back open. Some restaurants, cafes, and the like are braving the roads to reopen Tuesday, likely with limited hours.
We’ll keep updating this list as much as possible as the days go on. Drop a comment or email me at [email protected] for leads.
Of course, if you’re going out to patronize any of these spaces, do check and see that they haven’t called it quits early. Keep in mind supplies are low, so some menus may be limited. Staffing might be low also considering the treacherous roads. Be safe out there and take care!
Last updated on Fri, Feb. 19 at 3:10 p.m. As temperatures finally rise, restaurants are opening back up. Several have sustained damage (broken pipes, flooding, total loss of inventory), so it still may be awhile until restaurants fully return. Otherwise, most Dallas spots are business as usual. Restaurants in Arlington that are under a water boil notice “are not allowed to operate until the water boil notice is lifted,” per Arlington Health Services. You can read more about water boil notices via Dallas Morning News coverage.
Coffee Shops, Cafes, Etc.
• Fiction Coffee: open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 17 & 18
• Le Bon Temps: Happy Fat Tuesday; go grab some beignets and coffee from this Deep Ellum spot.
• Sip Stir Coffee House (Uptown, Highland Village): open until 3 p.m. with $5 lunch bowls, Wi-Fi, and free drip coffee.
• Tribal All Day Cafe
• David Street Espresso
• La Reunion: coffee and Wi-Fi only
• Cultivar Coffee: regular hours at both locations
• Val’s Cheesecakes: open until 4 p.m. (charge devices and/or warm up, too)
• Haute Sweets Patisserie: open till 3 p.m.
• Houndstooth Coffee: Henderson Ave. open until noon, Walnut and Sylvan open until 2 p.m. (assuming they retain power, per social media update)
• Village Baking Co.: open till 3 p.m. (Travis; Greenville Ave. closed)
• Opening Bell Coffee: no breakfast tacos, but coffee, toast, and warm bagels.
• Halycon Coffee: reduced hours 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Feb. 19.
• LDU Coffee: open 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Restaurants, Taverns, Pubs
• Smokey John’s Bar-B-Que
• Jeng Chi
• Malai Kitchen
• BarNone: open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Trompo: open till 9 p.m.
• Sundown at the Granada: open to all those who need a warm meal, some power, or a drink.
• TJ’s Seafood (Preston Royal): open with limited menu until 8 p.m.
• Palmer’s Hot Chicken: open with limited menu until 7 p.m.
• Ka-Tip: open with limited menu
• Rex’s Seafood: open with limited menu
• Quarter Bar
• One90 Smoked Meats: hot barbecue and packaged meat both available.
• City Tavern: open 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. (kitchen closes at 10 p.m.)
• The Nodding Donkey: open 11 a.m. with limited menu
• The Peak Inn: kitchen open 5 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
• Tasty Tails (Richardson): open 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Pho Truong (Richardson): open till 8 p.m.
• Mi Cocina: open at noon for lunch (Lakeside, West Village, Lake Highlands, Lennox, Chapel Hill, Flower Mound only, for now); will assess weather for dinner status.
• Crab Station:
open in Fort Worth today through Feb. 18; live crawfish abounds. Forced closure due to Fort Worth’s water treatment plant issues.
• Mike’s Chicken
• Sakhuu Thai: open from 1 to 7:30 p.m., limited menu.
• Eataly Dallas: open till 8 p.m.
• Soco Good Eats
• Sushi Marquee
• Shell Shack (Dallas, Mesquite, Plano open noon to 2 a.m.)
• Ebb & Flow
• OMG Tacos (Richardson, The Colony): open for takeout from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m or until sold out.
• Kirin Court: open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call ahead to check status after 3 p.m.
• Ai Sushi (Plano)
• Jaxon Texas Kitchen and Beer Garden: open until supplies run out. Wi-Fi available.
• Nora Restaurant
• Ten50 BBQ: noon to 8 p.m.
• Harwood District restaurants: Happiest Hour, Magnolias Su Le Pont, Te Deseo, Harwood Arms
• Rise + Thyme
• The Second Floor at the Exchange: opens at 4 p.m.
• Greenville Avenue Pizza Company: both locations open 1 to 6 p.m.
• St. Pete’s Dancing Marlin
• BuzzBrews (Deep Ellum)
• Westlake Brewing Company
• Maracas Cocina Mexicana: dine-in and takeout, regular hours.
• Cold Beer Company
• Cheba Hut
• Angry Dog
• Neighborhood Services; Town Hearth; Montlake Cut; Yo! Lobster
• Vector Brewing
• Maple Leaf Diner: opening Feb. 19
• Cookie Society (Frisco): open Feb. 19 11 a.m.
• Crisp & Green
• Fireside Pies: all locations except Fort Worth
• 303 Bar & Grill
• Blue Cenote
• Dillas Quesadillas
• Bulla Gastrobar
• Tacos 4 Life (Waxahachie)
• All Trinity Groves restaurants
Markets & Shops
• Deep Cuts: Open and serving beef stew at no charge.
• Bar and Garden: limited hours of noon to 5 p.m.
• Cibo Divino: $10 pizza, pasta, and salad, $10 NY strip (will supplies last), and 10 percent off wine. Stock up, the market anticipates being closed Wednesday.
• 7-Eleven open and offering delivery for water, eggs, snacks, wine and beer.
• 99 Ranch (Carrollton): open till 5 p.m.
• H Mart
• Zion Market
• Foxtrot Market: open until 6 p.m. (University Park) and 7 p.m. (Uptown); no delivery available for either location. Warm up and charge your phone while you pick up pantry essentials.
Coffee Shops, Cafes, etc.
• Xamán Cafe: Closed, but providing hot cocoa and soup to community affected by power outages (from 1 p.m. until gone on Feb. 16 & 17)
• Full City Rooster
• All Ascension coffee locations
• Noble Coyote
• Empire Baking
• Bisous Bisous
• La La Land
• Ngon Vietnamese Kitchen
• Homewood: closed until Wed, Feb. 24
• Revolver Taco Lounge: closed Feb. 16 & 17
• Petra and the Beast: closed till Friday, Feb. 19
• Resident Taqueria
• El Come Taco
• Taco y Vino
• Meso Maya: all locations
• Bangkok at Beltline: closed Feb. 16 & 17
• Saint Rocco’s New York Italian
• Las Almas Rotas
• RM 1220 Bistro
• Caribbean Cabana
• Sketches of Spain (and sibling spot Wild Detectives, too)
• Eno’s Pizza
• Brown Bag Provisions
• Whiskey Cake
• Sixty Vines
• Las Palmas: no power
• Son of a Butcher
• Up on Knox; Georgie; Le Bilboquet
• Del Sur Tacos
• Asian Mint
• DIVE Coastal Cuisine
• TJ’s Seafood Market (Oak Lawn)
• Tacodeli (all locations)
• Malibu Poke
• Shell Shack (Denton, Arlington)
• Heim Barbecue: all locations closed through Feb. 17
• Lockhart Smokehouse
• Pecan Lodge
• Hutchins BBQ (Frisco): closed with plans to reopen on Feb. 19 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. (or until sold out). McKinney location remains close due to damage from a fire earlier this year.
Markets & Shops
• Bonton Farms