Want to enjoy the best that Dallas restaurants have to offer without ever leaving your home? Our new recurring feature, Dish Pirate, will help you bring the city’s robust dining scene to your kitchen.
Dish Pirate: Hillstone’s Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Hillstone, formerly Houston’s, is a popular chain in Dallas. The menu boasts hearty comfort food with a Southwest flair. One of the best items on the menu is Hillstone’s original spinach and artichoke dip. The dip is served warm with a side of tortilla chips, salsa, and sour cream. You can easily share this with a group of friends and it’s a great contribution at get-togethers.
This is a close replication of Hillstone’s dip in a larger portion and can be made ahead of time and then warmed in the oven a few minutes before serving.
Recipe (Serves 15)
2 cups shredded mozzarella-parmesan cheese blend
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 (14oz) can small artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1 (8oz) package cream cheese
2/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayo
1/2 tsp salt
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl blend 1 1/2 cups cheese, spinach and artichoke hearts with electric mixer until well combined.
3. Blend garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and salt into spinach mixture.
4. Coat 9×13 baking dish with non stick spray.
5. Pour mixture into prepared dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is golden and dip is bubbly.
Like I said previously, to serve exactly like Hillstone, pair your hot dip with tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream.