Eric, thanks for bringing this up. After watching a season of Mad Men with Manhattan in hand, reading Imbibe!, and visiting a NYC speakeasy that re-defined my idea of a good drink (chemistry vs. a long pour)—I’m left wanting more from Dallas’ bartenders.
Here’s what I’m searching for:
- House made bitters, syrups, and grenadine
- Egg whites in my sours, and Maraschino Luxardo in my Aviation
- Vodka being the least prevalent bottle behind the bar
- High quality, and correct types of ice (PDT has four)
- A bartender that knows the Savoy
- A proper gin martini (Plymouth gin, please)
I could go on, but I’m essentially looking for a bartender as obsessed as this guy.