By Krystin Sessions
Balancing motherhood with her career as stylist for A-list celebs, starring in her own reality TV show, and designing for her own fashion line with being a mom to son Skyler, Zoe is the epitome of the supermom. And that she does all of it while looking awesome (even when she’s pushing her son Skyler on a swing at the park) makes her an incredibly chic supermom. Oh and she recently announced her second pregnancy…
Who better to debut as our first style “mom-spiration” than fashion maven Rachel Zoe?
So what does it take to get her look? (Hint: it must involve a touch of black.) After shopping Dallas, I was able to put together a Zoe-inspired get-up that any mom can pull off in a cinch.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Start With A Jumpsuit– As easy as a dress, but with more ease (not to mention more élan). Throw one on and you’re ready for a day in the park followed by an impromptu date night with the hubs. Keep things chic with a solid color or a subtle black and white pattern à la Zoe.
- Add A Wedge– A sturdy wedge is perfect for those days when you want to feel a little dressier but still need a (somewhat) functional shoe so you can chase the littles around. Again black is a foolproof start, and the wooden heel on our pick from Zara gives it an earthy element.
- Toss on The Accessories– If you’re at the park, you’ll of course need some sunnies. Oversized “Cat Eye” numbers add instant glam to your look. Add a straw hat to the mix for even more protection from the rays. And for the easy transition to date night, throw on a statement necklace to amp up the look. I love how the slightly iridescent abalone offsets the edgy shape of this 5 Stations from L. Bartlett.
Get The Look:
- Darby Ikat romper, $88 at Anthropologie
- Rachel Pally Lennon printed jumpsuit, $251 at Neiman Marcus
- Ralph Lauren Collection Caitlyn halter jumpsuit, $2,498 at Saks Fifth Avenue
- Wooden wedge, $49.99 at Zara
- House of Harlow Abalone 5 Stations necklace, $150 at L. Bartlett
- Dior Oversized Round sunglasses, $435 at Saks Fifth Avenue
- Albertus Swanepoel Consuelo hat, $249.50 at Club Monaco