My friends Alicia and Adam Rico throw insanely awesome parties. Whether for editorial (see the art-inspired bash in the inaugural issue of D Moms), Nasher openings, weddings, or their adorable daughter Dotty’s birthday celebrations, their events are always stylish, clever, memorable, and incredibly fun. (Fun being the most important part , yes?)
My girlies and I witnessed Alicia and Adam’s party prowess firsthand at Dotty’s recent third birthday celebration, and we’re still marveling over the magical afternoon.
As expected, Dotty’s day was full of special details, with the Rico’s backyard transformed into a full-blown fiesta (think: platters of tamales, a Mariachi band, and a dessert table laden with Mexican treats and a candy-filled “Piñata” cake). Pint-sized revelers burned off steam in a bouncy house while friends and family enjoyed conversation and icy cervezas in the warm spring sunshine. It was cozy, meaningful, and immensely festive. A perfect party indeed.
We asked Alicia to share the “ingredients” and resources for Dotty’s party here on D Moms, and she kindly obliged, allowing us to throw an equally magical party of our own… (Well we’ll at least try.)
Check out the full details after the jump.
- Papel picado invitations: Sweet Magnolia Paper
- Mini maracas: Oriental Trading Company; Piñata: The Party Works; Cascarones: Amols
- Chivari chairs: Ducky Bob’s
- Chevron runner: Love Dove Rentals; Pom Pom trim: Jo-Ann; Milk glass pedestals: eBay
- Floral: Bows and Arrows; Paper flowers and papel picado: La Mariposa Imports
More of Alicia’s Favorite Party Resources: