In a booming housing market like Dallas-Fort Worth, it’s not easy to stand out. But D CEO editors have reviewed all of the nominations in its second annual Residential Real Estate Awards program and selected nine winners.
Named Residential Real Estate Executive of the Year was Mary Frances Burleson, president and CEO of Ebby Halliday Realtors. She leads the largest independent real estate firm in Texas and one of the top firms in the nation, with nearly $8 billion in sales in 2015.
Named Single-Family Developer of the Year was Republic Property Group, led by co-CEOs Tony Ruggeri and Jake Wagner. RPG is behind such notable North Texas projects as Light Farms, Phillips Creek Ranch, Walsh, and the Villas at Legacy West.
The Multifamily Developer of the Year Award went to Robert Shaw of Columbus Realty Partners. Shaw is known nationally as a pioneer in creating walkable neighborhoods, something he was doing long before anyone had heard of “live-work-play.” He’s currently working on landmark developments in West Dallas near Trinity Groves, at Legacy West in Plano, and in historic McKinney.
D CEO editors also selected six outstanding projects as award winners:
• Single-Family Development of the Year: Canals at Grand Park, developed by Arcadia Realty Corp.
• Multifamily Development of the Year—Mixed-Use: The Residences at Park District, developed by Trammell Crow Co.’s High Street Residential
• Multifamily Development of the Year—High-Rise: The Case Building, developed by StreetLights Residential
• Multifamily Development of the Year—Midrise: Alexan Riveredge, developed by Trammell Crow Residential
• Condominium Development of the Year: The Mondara, developed by Robert Elliott Custom Homes
• Trendsetter Award: One Dallas Center, a redevelopment led by Todd Interests and StreetLights Residential
All winners were featured in the October issue of D CEO and honored at an awards event held earlier this week at Dakota’s Steakhouse.