When D CEO launched a commercial real estate news site in 2011, one of its goals was to provide on-the-ground insights from some of the industry’s top local players. We looked for experts who had authority in the market and weren’t afraid to express their opinions.
I’m proud to say that our base of contributing editors has grown to include more than 100 execs. Take a look at about a dozen commentaries from the past few days to get an idea of the wide-ranging topics they cover:
• Investments sage Robert Grunnah writes about why “still” is a dangerous word in real estate.
• Westmount Realty Capital president Cliff Booth shares his strategies for getting “A” returns on “B” properties.
• MYCON Construction CEO Charlie Myers provides tips for managing fast-track construction projects.
• Linda McMahon, president of The Real Estate Council, writes about what it’s going to take to bring the middle class back to Dallas.
• Ian Pierce of The Weitzman Group asks if DFW is still the nation’s most overbuilt retail market.
• Falcon Realty Advisors’ Michael Walters explains why restaurants are flocking to North Texas.
• Justin Keane, president of Wynmark Commercial, looks at the own vs. lease medical office debate.
• And Solender/Hall Inc. president Eliza Solender shares ideas for using the Dallas County Appraisal District site.
Sometimes the contributing editors are on opposing sides of an issue:
• While JLL’s director of research Walt Bialas explains why he thinks the initiative misses the mark.
The experts weigh in on personal development topics, too:
• Rastegar Capital founder and CEO Ari Rastegar writes about leveraging your most valuable asset.
• And Altschuler + Co. principal Jon Altschuler shares his recommended reading list for 2016.
In the coming weeks, new voices will be joining the contributing editor ranks. Check back often to see what they have to say.