I’m stealing an entire post from Joslyn on D Moms this morning. If you’re browsing various news channels this morning, feeling sick over the sad stories of loss that have risen from the debris in tornado-damaged Oklahoma towns, there’s something that can make you feel a little better: helping. Even if it’s just a little. Jos blogs:
My friend and Oklahoma-native Sarah James shared a great list of ways to provide assistance to victims of yesterday’s horrible tornado, and I thought I would be helpful to share here as well.
Per Sarah, here are some ways to help:
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the disaster relief fund – this took me about 10 seconds to complete
- If you prefer to donate to the Red Cross online, click here.
- You can text FOOD to 32333 (the OK Food Bank) to give $10 to help with relief efforts via News 9
- The Salvation Army
- Feed The Children Disaster Relief
- Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief
- Disaster Relief of Oklahoma
- World Vision
- If you are looking for a family member, please visit Safe & Well.
- Google Crisis Map
- The Penn South Pet Clinic is collecting displaced animals.
- Annie’s Ruff House in Norman, OK is taking any dogs displaced by the tornadoes in Moore.
If you have any other suggestions, feel free to add it in the comments section.