We’re almost there — it’s the holiday home stretch. Two days to Christmas, a little more than a week until the New Year, and then it’s resolutions, resolutions, resolutions. But before you’re dedicated to your newfound gym routine and cutting back on your favorite sweets and libations, have a glass of this. The festive colors and flavors of sangria are sure to get you in a holly jolly mood if you aren’t there already.
Check back next Monday where we’ll be sharing a sparkling drink to get your New Year started off on the right note.
Here’s what you need:
- A bottle of fruity red wine (i.e. Syrah or Pinot Noir)
- 2 liters of ginger ale
- 3 cups of pineapple juice
- 2 cups fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 honey-crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1 large orange, thinly sliced
- a pinch or two of cinnamon
Mix together the wine, ginger ale, and pineapple juice together in a large bowl. When you’re ready to serve, garnish with the fruit, and add ice. Add cinnamon to taste.
Recipe and image from 1-2 Simple Cooking.