March is just around the corner (um, tomorrow), so that means we’re wrapping up our February Love Notes series. I had the pleasure of interviewing six movers and shakers in the local home design and art world about the five things they love and can’t live without. If you missed the others, catch them here, here, here, here, and here.
Taking us out is Lauren Laughry, marketing director of Dallas Auction Gallery. Founded in 2002 by the Shuford family, the gallery has developed a world-wide reputation for auctioning the best in antiques, jewelry, fine art, and Asian antiquities. Newsworthy tidbit here. Lauren lives in Dallas with her husband and is currently decorating their new Preston Hollow home. Read below for her Love Notes.
1. Artist Margaret Bowland: “My mother and I discovered Margaret at the Dallas Art Fair in 2011. We bought a piece called, “Amazing Grace”, and love being able to enjoy this painting in our office every day.”
2. Emerald: “It is the color of the year for 2013, and I am seeing a lot more emerald jewelry come through auction this year. A pair of diamond and emerald earrings can be worn with everything from jeans and a crisp white shirt or a classic black cocktail dress.”
3. Anything Lucite: “I think adding a Lucite table or lamp adds modern chic to any room. I like to use a Lucite table and then add antique accessories on top. I like the feel of modern yet sophisticated.”
4. Anything Geode: “I love to wear geode jewelry and love to accessorize with anything from geode lamps to geode coasters.”
5. Orchids: “I love all things that smell good for the home and office. Orchids make everything better. It is a treat that I give myself every month.”