Last week I stopped by the Peacock Alley Design Studio to check out the goods and was hit by a full-on assault of lovely. Of course there was scads of dreamy bedding, but the design district space was also stocked with a small cache of case goods and accessories hand selected by showroom manager extraordinaire, Brad Cleveland.
Brad’s goal is to select items for the store than compliment Peacock Alley’s aesthetic sensibility and can be bought instantly (i.e. instant gratification) to help round out a space. He’s committed to keeping things fresh though, so if you love it, buy it, as there’s a good chance that the chrome bar cart that you’ve been obsessing about all weekend might not be there next time you pop in. (Self, I’m talking to you.)
Herewith a few of the things that I was particular smitten with (bar cart included):
- 1. Artful pillows from textile designer Judy Ross.
- 2. An understated tufted ottoman/coffee table with a decidedly “Savile Row” vibe.
- 3. A stack of simple sherbet colored throws.
- 4. An insanely cozy blanket with a fringed edge that has my inner Joni Mitchell swooning.
- 5. A graphic little cowhide footstool.
- 6. My beloved chrome bar cart.
- 7. Peacock Alley’s faux fur “Bella” pillow, which, it should be noted, might be the pillow of my dreams.