After considering a record-breaking 260+ nominations, D CEO magazine, along with the DFW chapter of the Association for Corporate Counsel, has announced finalists in the 2014 Corporate Counsel Awards.
All finalists will be featured in the November issue of D CEO, and winners will be revealed at an exclusive awards gala in mid-October. Here are the 35 attorneys vying for designation as top corporate counselors in this year’s awards:
Outstanding General Counsel or Chief Legal Officer – Solo
- Richard Blunk, Thermopylae Ventures LLC
- Cherry Hearn, Which Wich Franchise Inc.
- Amy Howell, Zimbra Inc.
Outstanding General Counsel or Chief Legal Officer – Small Legal Department
- Craig Adams, Matador Resources Company
- A. Christopher Ducanes, Allegro Development Corp.
- Jimmy D. “Skip” Hulett, Goodman Networks Inc.
- Jay Tobin, Dave and Buster’s Inc.
Outstanding General Counsel or Chief Legal Officer – Midsize Legal Department
- Lori Browne, FAIRPAY Solutions
- John Torres, Lennox International
Outstanding General Counsel or Chief Legal Officer – Large Legal Department
- Audrey Andrews, Tenet Healthcare Corp.
- Janet Dhillon, J.C. Penney Company Inc.
- Peter Riley, The Howard Hughes Corp.
Outstanding Deputy or Associate General Counsel – Small Legal Department
- Monica Berry, NTR Metals
- Ryan Farha, ORIX USA Corp.
- Kim Rozman, HBK Capital Management
Outstanding Deputy or Associate General Counsel – Midsize Legal Department
- Thomas Corwin, Flowserve Corp.
- Peggy Hintergardt, Essilor of America Inc.
- Betty Ungerman, Lennox International
Outstanding Deputy or Associate General Counsel – Large Legal Department
- James Benes, FTS International Services LLC
- Terrance Henderson, Comerica Bank
- Susan Jeffus, MoneyGram International
Outstanding In-House Counsel
- Adrienne Brown, PepsiCo Inc.
- LaRhonda Brown-Barrett, BNSF Railway Co.
- Susan Chao, PepsiCo/Frito-Lay North America Inc.
- Chris Dunstan, Ericsson Inc.
- David Colletti, 7-Eleven Inc.
- Russell Hubbard, American Airlines Inc.
- Raghu Seshadri, Southwest Airlines
- Clay Scheitzach, Xerox Business Services LLC
- Bruce Wark, American Airlines Inc.
Champion of Diversity Award
- Navin Rao, Michaels Stores Inc.
- Hope Shimabuku, Xerox Business Services LLC
Outstanding Community Service
- Kara Altenbaumer-Price, USI Southwest
- Pamela St. John, AT&T
- Dena DeNooyer Stroh, Murchison Oil & Gas