The Morning News can’t just put the paper online or in an iPad app and expect people to shell out stacking money every month. Or, at least, they shouldn’t. Here are some features they could include that would make the idea more attractive.
- Steve Blow reading his columns aloud in his Sunnyvale-burnished, aw-shucks accent.
- The actual content of Blow’s column distilled into one sentence (example: People are great/not great).
- A real-time Venn diagram showing how much pop music critic Mario Tarradell’s taste and insight overlaps with anyone ever.
- Annotated versions of Leslie Brenner’s dining reviews (with links to source material).
- A filter that automatically turns any story about DISD slightly negative (this will save money, eliminating the two editors responsible for doing so previously)
- Angry Birds