In the most out-of-left-field news of the morning, it seems that Top Chef contender, former Shinsei execu-chef, and current execu-chef at Brownstone, Casey Thomspon (Brownstone), has actually joined forces with Sam’s Club to (as the press release says) “provide restaurant-quality, simply delicious mealtime solutions.”
I could rewrite the release for you here, but it reads best in its original format:
jump to read the release…
Sam’s Club and eight all-star executive chefs from across the U.S. have partnered to provide restaurant-quality, simply delicious mealtime solutions. Busy families and all on-the-go Americans will appreciate easy, creative chef-inspired solutions for breakfast, lunch snack and dinner at home as new recipes are unveiled every month from August through January, fashioned by the Sam’s Club Simply Delicious Chef Brigade partnership.
Starting in mid-August, visit SamsClub.com/Meals and the Sam’s Club Facebook Page to indulge in creative mealtime solutions from a member of the Sam’s Club Simply Delicious Chef Brigade. Gain access to recipes and ingredient shopping tips to add flavorful flare to weekday meals. The Chef Brigade will also provide simple tricks-of-the trade and cooking techniques to easily enhance the home cooking experience.
The star-studded roster of the Sam’s Club Simply Delicious Chef Brigade, who will showcase a variety of cuisines and cooking specialties, includes:
· Molly Hawks(Sacramento, CA)– As Executive Chef of Hawks, Molly Hawks is known for whipping up clean, classic American fare with a focus on fresh, local ingredients.
· Todd Clore (Las Vegas, NV)– Famous for his brunch and lauded for his seafood, executive chef Todd Clore excites the palates of diners at Todd’s Unique Dining.
· Dale Levitski (Chicago, IL)– Executive Chef Dale Levitski brings his Top Chef All Star skills and flavor-infused family favorites to the kitchen of his restaurant, Sprout.
· Jan Kelly (Milwaukee, WI)– Known for integrating fresh seasonal ingredients into her contemporary American cuisine, Executive Chef Jan Kelly inspires diners daily at her restaurant, Meritage.
· Casey Thompson (Dallas, TX)–TV star and Brownstone Executive Chef Casey Thompson incorporates fresh foods and simple twists to create flavorful dishes.
It just sort of drones on from there, but you get the picture.
I leave it to you to comment. Would you buy Casey Thomnpson dishes from Sam’s?