I’m readying myself for the National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago from May 16-19. I can’t wait to stroll around and check out all of the geeky new foodservice equipment, listen to some of the speakers (Hi, Steve!), and dine at Topolobampo.
Anywhoo, the NRA has released the results of annual their annual What’s Hot Chef’s Survey. They polled 1,600 chefs. The results are riveting. Check them out.
1. Locally grown produce 89%
2. Bite-size/mini desserts 83%
3. Organic produce 82%
4. Nutritionally balanced children’s dishes 81%
5. New/fabricated cuts of meat 78%
(e.g. Denver steak, pork flat iron,
bone-in Tuscan veal chop)
6. Fruit/vegetable children’s side items 74%
7. Superfruits 73%
(e.g. acai, goji berry, mangosteen)
8. Small plates/tapas/mezze/dim sum 73%
9. Micro-distilled/artisan liquor 73%
10. Sustainable seafood 71%
11. Kitchen-safe Snuggies.
I snuck the last one in to see if you were still with me. If you would like to be with me in Chicago, add DSideDish to your Twitter.