Are Faux Succulents Crazy or Cool?
Dallas florists and designers weigh in with their opinions.
1. "Fake succulents are like counterfeit Gucci purses. They do the job, but real ones are just better." -Haile Wossen Anthos
2. "The beauty of succulents is that they are relatively inexpensive and last a long, long time. What else can you purchase for $20 that lasts six months? Going with a fake version seems a bit pointless—and kind of defeats the purpose." -Raegan McKinney Avant Garden
3. "I love the concept, but I must say that I would never use silk. Only the best in fresh at Dr Delphinium!" -Bryna Morrow Dr Delphinium
4. "I wouldn’t want fake roses or anything like that. But I’ve actually encouraged my clients to use “permanent” succulents, painted trees, and orchids with dyed mosses." -Robin Brogan DiFiori
5. "Driftwood tells a story as a result of wind, ocean, and weather. It contrasts with the succulents and their geometric, modernist texture. A study of several characteristics and styles." -Keith Laverty Keith J. Laverty Design